Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring Rose and Winter Black




        


Right now it's that in-between time of the seasons. We're a few days into spring, but it's not until Easter and afterwards that one wears a lot of white and pastels. It's that small part of spring when we're still wearing blacks and other winter colors. Today's pictures show my combination of the winter and spring fashion stage we are in right now. Diving into my closet (just kidding, I don't have that kind of energy in the morning), I pulled out a rose colored spring sweater that I absolutely love (from Kohl's) and my long, black, lace skirt (from Maurice's). For a classy and elegant look I added these nude pumps, which are a new addition to my closet I got for $24 at Payless. Let me add here that finding heels that aren't stilettos or almost-stilettos was so difficult for me! I was looking online in most every store I could think of, but 3" or less pumps weren't to be found... until I finally thought of Payless. These 3" nude pumps are such nice shoes because they go with so much and I found them to be rather comfortable, as far as heels go. Another note on these shoes: I have officially ran in these heels several times... just for the sake of feeling cool because I was running in heels, (even if they're small ones). Regardless of the running in them though, these shoes were definitely a great buy.

I realize I haven't actually had many outfit inspirations recently, especially ones that I myself have modelled. Maybe it's because of the lengthy process of getting the camera, tripod, and everything ready and finding the outfit; however, this was the outfit I pulled together for church and loved, so I just snapped a few pictures. This is undoubtedly a formal outfit, but it could also be worn to simply nice events, like dinner, and can be less dressy with flats instead.

~Mariana

No comments:

Post a Comment